- General Information
- Any non-required information you provide to us is done so voluntarily. You decide whether to provide us with this non-required information. Note that some information are not required but necessary for you to unravel all the provided services of Mytracknet and earn tokens.
- Definitions and legal references
- Data subject: The person who uses this App and which, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Underlying Data.
- Data controller: An individual or legal person, a public authority, an organization or other entity which, either alone or together with others, determines the purposes and means of processing the Personal Data, including security measures relating to its operation and use. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of this App.
- European Union (or EU): Unless otherwise stated, all references made in this document to the European Union include all the current Member States in the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Geo-location: The identification of the geographic location of a user or computing device via a variety of data collection mechanisms such as Bluetooth, wifi connection or GPS. Typically, most geolocation services use network routing addresses or internal GPS devices to determine this location.
- Personal data (or data): Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.
- Service: The service provided by mytracknet app to find lost objects or people or animals as described in the relevant terms in the application.
- Usage data: Information collected automatically through this Site (or third party services used on this Site), which may include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the Users using this Website, the URIs ( Uniform Resource Identifier), at the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numeric code indicating the status of the server response (successful outcome, error, etc.), the source country, the browser and operating system functions used by the User, the various time-per-visit details (e.g., time spent on each page of the Application), and details of the route followed in the Application with special reference to the sequence, the pages you have visited, and other Measures relating to the operating system of the device and / or the user’s IT environment.
- Administrator of Personal Data
- The Personal Data of the Users are under the authority of M If you have any questions, requests or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data by Us, you can also contact Dimitris Moschos using the following dedicated website form at https://mytracknet.com/contact/
- Questions, applications and complaints referred to in the preceding paragraphs should, in particular include:
- data relating to the person or persons concerned by the inquiry or request,
- the event which is the reason for sending a message to us,
- requests and legal grounds for demanding request,
- the expected manner of handling the matter.
- What Data Does mytracknet Collect
- Data You Provide to Us:
- We collect data that you provide to us when you create an account, such as full name, email address, phone number, birthday, gender, the city in which you live, if you have any tracking tokens, and, where applicable, your social media username and other data if you create an account using third party log-in credentials.
- We may also collect other data you provide when you use the Services, including Geo-location of your device, your pictures (that you upload to the platform), the details of your lost object, person or animal, and data of your profile and personal info that you wish to share when uploading a notification for a lost object, person or animal, or for any other reason provide to us. Also, we collect anything that you upload or places that you report a missing object and your location at that time, messages you send, searches, likes, follows, check-ins, tips, survey responses, demographic information, and any other data that you voluntarily provide to us, in order to better provide our Services to you and help the community and the Lost and Found initiative.
- Data Collected Automatically when you use Our Services:
- In order for us to be able to provide our full Services to you, including the rewards and other special features it is advised that you allow location and Bluetooth open at all times.
- If you share your location with us, we automatically receive data about your precise location (e.g., latitude-longitude coordinates approximately) whenever you use the Services. You shall have background location on in our App, so we can collect data about your location when you are not using the App and when the App is closed (as permitted by your device settings). In that manner we will be able to notify you if you pass by a lost object of yours or you are in the area of a lost object claim from another user.
- We also collect additional data about you when you use the Services. For example:
- data about how you interact with the Services, such as your search words, page views, date and time of interactions, time spent on each page, or posts you make;
- device information, such as your hardware model, operating system and version, unique ID and device data such as device identifiers, IP address, sensor data, browser type, language, and wireless network, mobile device name; and
- data from cookies, pixels and other technologies, such as cookie ID, advertising ID or other unique advertising ID, web beacons, and local storage. You can control certain types of cookies through your browser settings or other tools.
- Data Received from Third Parties
We may receive data about you from third parties, including:
- our Enterprise Customers (e.g. business customers of our Products, or participate in the reward system of our company);
- third parties that provide services to us, such as unaffiliated apps and websites, offered by our business partners, including those from whom we license data; and
- The information we obtain from third parties includes demographic data, data about how you interact with the third party’s websites and apps, device data (including mobile device and advertising identifiers, such as Apple IDFA or Google Advertising ID), and information from cookies, pixels and other similar technologies. In the event that we obtain data about you from our Enterprise Customers and third parties, we will combine all data collected about you into one single profile.
- How Is My Data Used by mytracknet?
- To Operate, Maintain and Improve the Services
- We use your data to operate, maintain the Services, and our business, and to increase the network of our community which will then increase the success rate of finding lost objects, people or animals. In addition, if you use the Services when you are not logged into your account, when you subsequently log in to your account, we combine data collected while you were not logged in (e.g. locations you visited in order to inform you if you have passed by a lost object) in order for you not to lose your progress and miss the chance of finding a lost object that had been near you. Of course you can choose not to share such information. If you need help contact us at https://mytracknet.com/contact/
- We use various technologies to determine your precise location, such as the location services of your operating system or browser, sensor data from your device (e.g. magnetometer, barometer, gyroscopes, accelerometers, compasses, Bluetooth data, beacon data, Wi-Fi access points, GPS data, and cell tower data), and other data that may help us understand your precise location.
- If you have opted-in to sharing your background location with us in our App, you may remove your permission at any time by going into your operating device settings and toggling off background sharing. However, by doing that your access to our services will be limited.
- We also use your data to improve the Services and our business, conduct research and development, perform analytics, develop and offer new products and service, and to infer certain details about you, including details about you, your interests and whether separate devices (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, and/or TVs) are owned by you or by members of your household. Additionally, if you consent to sharing crash data (when the Apps crash) with us, we may use that data to help us analyze the cause of the crash and improve the Consumer Services.
- Communicate with You
- Rewards, Contests and Sweepstakes
We may use your data, including steps that you have made, lost objects that you have found, your completed surveys, to enable you to earn points (tokens) and administer your participation in contests and sweepstakes. If you enter a sweepstakes, we will use certain information associated with your account, such as your account name and email address, to run the sweepstakes and fulfill prizes to you. The reward will be in form of our Token (MTNT) therefore, you agree to share the information of your account information with us to issue you the rewards.
- Protection of Our Rights
- When Is My Data Shared?
- Data That May Be Shared with Other Users
- When you use the mytracknet App, the network may see some of your data (e.g. name, profile photo, hometown, lost objects and related data, and other information you post).
- Publicly available data includes your public profile, tips, likes, saves, photos, badges/stickers, and any other data you have shared.
- Data That May Be Shared with Affiliates, Service Providers and Partners
We may share your data with our affiliated entities, and service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as cloud storage, IT services, marketing, analytics and search engine and other software services. These service providers may be located in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, such as the Russia, USA, Ireland, and Canada. We do not authorize our service providers to retain, use or disclose the data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Compliance with Law, Protection of Rights and Corporate Events
- We may share data if required by law or if a legal issue arises between us and you and we need to protect your or our rights.
- We may also share data as part or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganization, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.
- Third-Party Analytics
- Location-Based Advertising
- How do I Access or Delete My Data?
- You may access and update your data at any time through the “Settings” tab in your account.
- You may also delete your data and account at any time by contacting us through the website platform https://mytracknet.com/contact/ . If you delete your data, your profile, including your history, tips and photos, badges and stickers received will be removed, and you will no longer be able to access such data. We will not be able to restore your account once it has been deleted. Deletion of your account may not be immediate. Residual copies of your personal information or posts may remain on backup media for a short period of time thereafter.
- Before deleting the account you shall transfer the tokens that may remain on your account to the Company after 6 months from the deletion of the account.
- We may also retain data as required by applicable law and we may retain data that has been anonymized or otherwise does not constitute or contain personal information.
- If you have questions about accessing, updating, or deleting your data, please also contact us https://mytracknet.com/contact/
- Unsubscribe from Marketing Emails and Text Messages
By Email: You can opt out of marketing or promotional emails at any time by adjusting your preferences in your “Settings” in the Apps, if you are logged into your web account. You may also unsubscribe from marketing emails by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us. Please note that you cannot opt out of legal notices.
- Personal Information Retention
To the extent required by applicable law, we keep the personal information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable period thereafter to comply with the applicable statute of limitations and other applicable laws.
- How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we obtain through the Services against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
- More Information for Consumers From the EEA, UK and Switzerland
- Where GDPR applies to the processing of your Personal Data, we rely on several legal bases. These include:
- When the processing is necessary to perform our contract with you, such as our Terms of Service. This may include providing you with our Consumer Services or tailoring the Consumer Services to your preferences;
- When the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of our Enterprise Customers), including but not limited to, improving the Consumer Services or providing our Products;
- Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data, including:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data that we process or control, together with information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of that personal data;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data that we process or control;
- the right to request:
- deletion of your personal data that we process or control; or
- restriction of processing of your personal data that we process or control;
- the right to object, to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf;
- the right to have your personal data that we process or control transferred to another data controller, to the extent applicable;
- the right to withdraw where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, and
- the right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf.
- These rights may be limited in certain circumstances, for example if fulfilling your request would (i) reveal personal data about another person, (ii) infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), (iii) cause us to delete information that we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in local implementing legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
- Where GDPR applies to the processing of your Personal Data, we rely on several legal bases. These include:
- Contact Us
- Learn more on our “Cookies” policy.
- Restriction of Responsibility
- My Tracknet shall not be held liable for any claim, damage or loss that was facilitated through sophisticated technological means that surpasses the common level of security provided by companies such ours.
- My Tracknet shall not be held liable for any claim, damage, or loss for any action or omission outside the power of control of the Company or based on Acts of God, including environmental disasters, cut of electricity, earthquakes, pandemics, and other phenomena.
- My Tracknet shall not be held liable for any claim, damage, or loss for any action that was initiated and/or instructed and/or executed by the User, and/or such action was in violation of any agreement, Policy, Regulation and/or circumvents such agreements, policies, regulations in bad faith, fraudulently and/or against the interests of the Company or its Operators.
- My Tracknet shall not be held liable or accountable for any illegal and/or fraudulent action with information received from a post of a lost object, such as stealing of that object or blackmailing of the holder. Mytracknet focuses on embracing and rewarding good acts and helping the community by creating a lost & found network. The information you share are totally in your discretion and at your own risk. Mytracknet may help you deal with such a claim but with no any guarantees or whatsoever.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the services, content and user content are provided “as is,” “with all faults” and “as available” and the entire risk of use and performance remains with you. The Company is not responsible for the content that you upload, share or circulate in the network and any legal action that may arise from such content is completely at your own responsibility.
This Cookies Policy explains what Cookies are and how We use them. You should read this policy so You can understand what type of cookies We use, or the information We collect using Cookies and how that information is used.
1.2. We do not store sensitive personal information, such as mailing addresses, account passwords, etc. in the Cookies We use.
1.3. Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Cookies Policy) refers to Mytracknet LTD EOOD, 82 UI. Luy Ayer str. Sofia, 1404.
1.4. Cookies means small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
1.5. Website refers to Mytracknet, accessible from https://mytracknet.com/
1.6. You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or a company, or any legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
2. What are Cookies
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like. They are harmless.
3. Function and Utility of Cookies
3.1. The Administrator may process data contained in Cookies when users use the Website for the following purposes:
3.1.1. identification of users as logged–in to the Website and showing that they are logged in;
3.1.2. remembering data from completed forms, surveys or login data to the Website;
3.1.3. adjusting the content of the Website to individual preferences of users (e.g. regarding colors, font size, page layout) and optimization of the use of the Website;
3.1.4. keeping anonymous statistics presenting how the Website is used displaying individualized advertisements for the Website user, according to preferences;
3.1.5. better optimization of the functioning of the Website.
3.2. By saving cookies, the device records the activity of the Website user an it is individualized, according to his preferences.
3.3. The Administrator also processes anonymized operational data related to the use of the Website (so-called logs and domain) to generate statistics helpful in administering the Website.
3.4. Cookies are designed to make the site user-friendly. Some cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. They allow the site’s administrator to recognize the browser you are using the next time you visit. If you do not want this, you can set up your browser allow it only in individual cases. However, disabling cookies may limit the functionality of the site.
4. Categories of Cookies
When you visit our website, you will be asked to choose your preferences amongst 3 levels, concerning how much of your website behaviour data you give out. This means that you can, for example, partially restrict (e.g. temporarily) or completely disable the option of saving cookies – in the latter case, however, it may affect some of the Website’s functionalities.
4.1. Functional Cookies
Functional cookies are essential to provide our services. They are used to remember your preferences on our website and to provide enhanced and personalised experience. The information collected by these cookies is usually anonymised, so we cannot identify you personally. Functional cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information which could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with providing advertising content. These cookies are usually session cookies which will expire when you close your browsing session.
4.2. Essential or ‘Strictly Necessary’ Cookies
These cookies are essential to provide our services. Without these cookies, parts of our website will not function. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do remember preferences beyond your current visit and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes. These cookies are usually session cookies which will expire when you close your browsing session.
4.3. Analytical Performance Cookies
Analytical performance cookies are used to monitor the performance of our website and services, for example, to determine the number of pageviews and the number of unique users a website has. Web analytics services may be designed and operated by third parties. The information provided by these cookies allows us to analyse patterns of user behaviour and we use that information to enhance user experience or identify areas of the website which may require maintenance. The information is anonymous, cannot be used to identify you, does not contain personal information and is only used for statistical purposes
4.4. Advertising Cookies
These cookies remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with content or advertising which is tailored to your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. The information collected by these cookies may be shared with trusted third-party partners such as advertisers.
5. Cookies used on the website
5.1. Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Mytracknet LLC may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Mytracknet LLC may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Mytracknet LLC does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
5.2. We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
o Type: Session Cookies
o Administered by: Us
o Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
o Type: Persistent Cookies
o Administered by: Us
o Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
o Type: Persistent Cookies
o Administered by: Third-Parties
o Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
o Type: Persistent Cookies
o Administered by: Third-Parties
o Purpose: These Cookies track your browsing habits to enable Us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to You. These Cookies use information about your browsing history to group You with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with Our permission, third party advertisers can place Cookies to enable them to show adverts which We think will be relevant to your interests while You are on third party websites.
Social Media Cookies
o Type: Persistent Cookies
o Administered by: Third-Parties
o Purpose: In addition to Our own Cookies, We may also use various third parties Cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on. These Cookies may be used when You share information using a social media networking website such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+.
6. Manage your Cookies
6.3. If You do not accept Our Cookies, You may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website and some features may not function properly.
6.4.1.For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
6.4.2.For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
6.4.3.For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
6.4.4.For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
6.4.5.For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
7. Third party Cookies
7.1. Some of the following services collect statistics in anonymous and aggregate form and may not require the User’s consent or may be handled directly by the Owner – as described – without the help of third parties.
7.3. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Any omission or delay in the exercise by the Company of any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of the applicable right or provision unless it is acknowledged and agreed in writing by the Company. The terms include the overall agreement between you and the Company and prevail over all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, if any, between the parties on the subject contained herein. However, the use of the Site on your behalf is subject to the additional disclaimers and warnings that may appear on the Site.
9.2. The person responsible for collecting and processing personal data on the site mytracknet.com is Dimitrios Moschos, hereafter he is called as the Data Processing and Collection Manager.
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, You can contact us by visiting this page on our website: https://mytracknet.com/contact/
For more information or any question please contact us at https://mytracknet.com/contact/
Terms of Service & Conditions
A Terms of Service Agreement is a set of regulations which users must agree to follow in order to use a service. Mytracknet has implemented the following Terms to better protect its customers, Mytracknet and the let you know how to properly use Our Services.
Latest Update: 15/01/2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING Our SERVICES.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
• Who We are https://Mytracknet.com/project-vision/
• How you can contact Us https://Mytracknet.com/contact/
There are other terms that may apply to you. These terms refer to the following additional terms.
BY USING Our SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING Our SERVICES, NAMELY WITH SHARING YOUR GEO-LOCATION AND/OR THE LOCATION RELATING TO A MATERIAL OR NON-MATERIAL OBJECT, LIVING OR NON-LIVING OBJECT, AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUABLE OR NON-VALUABLE ASSET AND/OR OTHER INFORMATION.
BY USING Our SERVICES, YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT We USE UTILITY TOKENS AS A REWARD FOR Our COMMUNITY AND THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED A SECURITY OR A PAYMENT TOKEN AND THEREFORE CANNOT BE USED FOR RELATED ACTIVITIES (INVESTMENT, TRADING, ETC.).
1.1. Account – means the user’s account including virtual accounts, subaccounts and records with information provided by the User and owner of the account for the opening of that account.
1.2. Bluetooth – a wireless technology standard used for exchanging data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances using UHF radio waves in the industrial, scientific and medical radio bands, from 2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz, and building personal area networks (PANs).
1.3. Company – Mytracknet Ltd EOOD is a Company incorporated under the Bulgarian Commercial Code, with address 82 UI. Ayer str. Sofia, 1404, Bulgaria.
1.4. Geo-location – The identification of the geographic location of a user or computing device via a variety of data collection mechanisms such as Bluetooth, wifi connection or GPS. Typically, most geolocation services use network routing addresses or internal GPS devices to determine this location.
1.5. Mytracknet Token – MTNT is a Utility Token that is being issued by the Company for the users as a reward and allows the access of the users to the benefits and Services of the Company which are proportionate to the amount of the tokens that have been collected by the user.
1.6. Users – all individuals or legal persons that access, download, interact, benefit from or use the Company’s Services or hold MTNT Tokens.
1.7. Utility Token – is a digital representation of a claim and it provides an access right to a service or a product of the issuer and thus showing some utility or consumption value. Pure Utility type tokens fall outside the existing financial regulation across member states.
2. General Information & Services
2.1. Mytracknet is a global lost and found network with incentives for the participants designed for people (dementia patients and kids), pets, or even items. It is based on Bluetooth, Lora, Blockchain, and Our PoP (Power of the People) technology and it works with a Bluetooth tracker or a tracking device.
2.2. With just a tracking device (application on a smartphone) the user can add a photo, description and the last know location of the lost person, pet or item and a bounty if the user wants to motivate more people to help find the lost person, pet or item. Mytracknet will then notify every user available at the area of the incident in real time.
2.3. With a Bluetooth tracker, the user is notified in case the tracker tends to get out of a predefined area or distance. In case of emergency every smartphone and hotspot of the network will be looking to detect the lost tracker. When a smartphone or hotspot finds the tracker of the user, the location of it will be sent to the user and the finder will be rewarded with the bounty (if any).
2.4. Mytracknet provides a set of Services sometimes called as “Lost and Found” to find lost objects through the help of the network and the community. Each User can share the location of a lost object onto the platform where other Users may see if they are close to that object and fortunately retrieve it and give it back to the owner in exchange of rewards by the Company and/or the other Users who placed the claim for the lost object. The Services also provide a feature where the User may be notified if he/she passes next to or close to a lost object, or an area marked by a User that something has been lost in that area. Mytracknet reward the Users for providing the required Data that relate to the geolocation information by issuing MTNTs.
2.6. The Company is entitled to introduce changes in technical and technological requirements necessary to use the Website and/or application and may provide information about these changes to the User’s e-mail address which was provided during the registration of the Account. A change in technical or technological requirements does not constitute a change of the Terms & Conditions unless it consists a material change of the rights and obligations of the parties.
3. Conditions for the provision of Services
3.3. You agree that you will not:
3.3.1. create an account for anyone other than yourself without such person’s permission;
3.3.2. create a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
3.3.3. create a user name or Foursquare account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or
3.3.4. create a user name that is a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
3.4. Mytracknet reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a user name, in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Mytracknet password. You shall never use another user’s account without such other user’s prior express permission. You will immediately notify Mytracknet in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
3.7. The User acknowledges that the Company does not guarantee the User any profit in connection with the use of the Services.
3.8. The User agrees not to perform any actions through the Website and/or Application that violate the provisions of these Terms, and/or any other guidelines published on the Website and/or basic principles of a honesty, fairness and morality.
3.9. The User agrees to use the Website in a good faith, in particular, to immediately notify the Company of any errors observed in the software and to refrain from using any errors observed in the Application or Website to the detriment of the Company or other Users. Actions executed in breach of this section shall be cancelled or revoked and the User shall not be entitled to any claims, and the User shall be held liable for any losses and damages of the Company in violation of this provision.
3.10. The Company has the right to refuse to open an Account or continue the operation of the Account if the User complaints and doesn’t cooperate and doesn’t follows the procedures of the Company, and such a behavior shall be considered to be in bad faith and with purposes other than the resolution of the issue that has arisen and may be considered as an obstruction of the Company’s operation.
3.11. The Company has the right to refuse to process the User’s orders as well as to freeze User’s deposits and withdrawals, in response to a request of state authorities.
4. User Submissions
4.1. We may use your User Submissions in a number of ways in connection with Our website, Application, Services, and We may determine in Our sole discretion, including but not limited to, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into marketing materials, advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing other users to do the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications. By submitting User Submissions through the Services, you hereby grant Mytracknet a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to host, use, store, copy, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions and any content that your submit to Mytracknet for business purposes (e.g. promoting the Sweepstakes in which you participated) in connection with Our Application, website, Services and Mytracknet’s (and its successors and assigns’) businesses.
4.2. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such license to Us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
4.3. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through Our website including media and the application is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated and Mytracknet will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content; and that Foursquare cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using Our Services.
4.4. When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Services. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but following removal, it will not be shared with others) or may remain with users or third parties who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions
5.1. The Company may reward the Users for certain reasons as described above. Note that it is not an obligation and the Users are not eligible to claim any rewards not received for any reason.
5.2. Our Unique Reward Mechanism is designed to reward the people according to their help and also to bring the not-so-eager-to-just-help people into Our platform. Our unique algorithm is rewarding the users according to their participation in the network.
o Run Mytracknet into the background of your smartphone and start earning reward points (Mytracknet tokens) without any action.
o The more you keep walking/driving around the city the more reward points you earn.
o The more notifications about lost valuables that you open the more reward points you get.
o Exchange your reward points for discounts and free products from Us and Our partners
o Exchange your reward points for participation in contests for gifts
5.3. The user can gain extra MTNTs by activating the multipliers:
o Users who have installed a car/stationary Bluetooth hotspot or a LoRa hotspot;
o According to the area and density of a city there will be a big multiplier for the first people who build the network. The more people are joining an area the more difficult the earning is getting.
o People who keep their MTNT will get a multiplier into their earnings.
5.4. The Users will be able to use their MTNT in the following manners:
o The Users will be able to spend their MTNT to buy trackers and/or mining equipment from Our website;
o They Users will be able to spend their MTNT to get discounts through Our portal;
o Users will be able to spend their MTNT in selected shops; and
o Users will be able to exchange their MTNT for another token in regulated exchanges.
5.5. The Company may alter this clause and/or terminate such offer at its shole discretion.
6. Third Party Services
6.1. The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the site.
6.2. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Each party’s terms will govern the respective party’s relationship with you. These other websites are not under Mytracknet’s control, and you acknowledge that Mytracknet is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources.
6.3. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Mytracknet or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Mytracknet shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
7. Service Usage Guidelines
7.2. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through Our Services, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
7.2.3. infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
7.2.4. you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
7.2.5. is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, predatory, stalking, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate or objectionable as determined by Foursquare in its sole discretion;
7.2.6. constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”);
7.2.7. involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without Foursquare’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
7.2.8. contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Foursquare or any third party;
7.2.9. impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Foursquare;
7.2.10. includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive information; or
7.3. You shall not (directly or indirectly):
7.3.1. take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Mytracknet in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Mytracknet’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure;
7.3.2. interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Application and/or website;
7.3.3. bypass any measures to prevent or restrict access to the Application and/or website (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Application and/or website);
7.3.4. run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Application and/or website;
7.3.5. use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Application and/or website;
7.3.6. harvest or scrape any Content from the Application and/or website;
7.3.7. modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Application and/or website or Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Mytracknet;
7.3.8. decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Application and/or website (including without limitation any feature or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
7.3.9. copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
7.3.10. use any deep linking, web crawlers, bots, spiders or other automatic devices, programs, scripts, algorithms or methods, or any similar or equivalent manual processes to access, obtain, copy or monitor any part of the properties, or replicate or bypass the navigational structure or presentation of Our Services in any way, in order to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information in any manner not purposely provided through Our Services;
7.3.11. attempt to access any part or function of the properties without authorization, or connect to Our Services or any Mytracknet servers or any other systems or networks of any of Our Services provided through the services by hacking, password mining or any other unlawful or prohibited means;
7.3.12. probe, scan or test the vulnerabilities of Our Services or any network connected to the properties, or violate any security or authentication measures or any network connected to Our Services;
7.3.13. reverse look-up, track or seek to track any information of any other Users or visitors of Mytracknet Services;
7.3.14. take any actions that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of systems or networks of Mytracknet Services, or the infrastructure of any systems or networks connected to Mytracknet Services;
7.3.15. forge headers, impersonate, or otherwise manipulate identification, to disguise your identity or the origin of any messages or transmissions you send to Mytracknet;
7.3.16. use Our Services in an illegal way;
7.3.17. use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying Our services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of Our services in any manner;
7.3.18. otherwise take any action in violation of the Application and/or website guidelines and policies.
7.4. The Company does not guarantee that any Content or User Submission (as defined above) will be made available on the Site or through the Service and has no obligation to monitor the Application and/or website, Services, Content, or User Submissions. However, Mytracknet reserves the right to:
7.5. You are prohibited to use the Company’s Services for resale or commercial purposes, including transactions on behalf of other persons or entities.
7.6. These Terms only grant a limited license to access and use the Services. Therefore, you hereby agree that when you use the Services, Mytracknet does not transfer the Services or the ownership or intellectual property rights to you or anyone else. All the text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interface, photos, sounds, process flow diagrams, computer code, programs, software, products, information and documents, as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel, and layout of any content included in the services or provided through Our Services, are exclusively owned, controlled and/or licensed by the Company.
7.7. The Company owns any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Feedback”) about the Company or the Services that you provide through email, or other ways. You hereby transfer all rights, ownership and interests of the Feedback and all related intellectual property rights to the Company. You have no right and hereby waive any request for acknowledgment or compensation based on any Feedback, or any modifications based on any Feedback.
7.8. By accessing Our Services, you agree that We have the right to investigate any violation of these Terms, unilaterally determine whether you have violated these Terms, and take actions under relevant regulations without your consent with prior notice. Examples of such actions include, but are not limited to:
• Freezing your account;
• Reporting the incident to the competent authorities;
• Publishing the alleged violations and actions that have been taken;
• Deleting any information that you published which are found to be violations.
8.1. A complaint may be reported by sending an e-mail to the address provided on the Website, via the Website or in writing to the address of Our registered office.
8.2. A complaint shall include:
• data enabling identification and contact with the User
• a description of the action or omission in question
• any other information the User considers relevant.
8.3. Complaints will be considered on the basis of information provided by the User and shall be considered immediately, but not later than within 30 days from the date of delivery of the complaint to the Company.
8.4. Within this period, the Company will propose via e-mail or the Website:
• to consider the complaint in the manner requested by the User;
• to reject the complaint together with the reasons for such a decision;
• alternative handling of the complaint.
8.5. After receiving the proposal specified above, the User has 10 working days to accept or reject the Company’s proposal. Failure to reply within the above deadline shall be deemed a withdrawal of the complaint and it shall be assumed that the Company does not bear any responsibility towards the User in relation to the subject matter of the complaint. Acceptance or rejection of the proposal by the User after the deadline may be treated by the Company as submitted on time.
8.6. If the User rejects the Company’s proposal within 10 working days, the User is entitled to submit a detailed and reasonable justification for rejection. Failure to state reasons for such rejection within the aforementioned period shall be deemed to constitute a withdrawal of the complaint and it shall be assumed that the Company does not bear any responsibility towards the User in relation to the subject matter of the complaint.
8.7. No offer under provision 8 shall constitute any acknowledgement by the Company of any misconduct or responsibility related to the subject matter of the complaint. Each acceptance of the offer of handling a complaint shall constitute an acceptance that the complaint will be resolved in a specified manner and an obligation that the User waives all claims resulting from it.
8.8. Submitting a complaint is a prerequisite for continuing with any legal action.
9. Intellectual Property
9.2. All Content, Feedback, User Submissions, graphics, animations, texts and other content, including functionality, distribution and location of specific elements used on Website and any other copyright, IP and Patent is protected according to the law.
9.3. The User is entitled to use the works within the scope of permitted private use provided by legal provisions.
9.4. Use beyond the permitted private use requires the prior consent of the Company.
10.2. The Account may also be terminated:
10.3. upon the User’s request
10.4. by the Company – by notice in cases of breach of the Terms
10.5. The User has the right to withdraw from the Agreement without giving a reason within 14 days from the date of conclusion of the Contract by submitting a notice of withdrawal.
10.6. In case the Company suspects that an Account may be related to committing a crime, or be in violation of the provisions of these Terms and/or legal provisions and/or good morals, the Company is entitled to terminate the User Account
10.7. The Company may exercise several of the rights specified in this paragraph 6 simultaneously.
11. Liabilities & Disclaimers
11.2. All liability of foursquare, its subsidiaries and affiliates, each of it and its directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use Our Application, Website, services, content or user submissions is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law, except that if a court of competent jurisdiction determines that liability of Mytracknet, its directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers (as applicable) has arisen, the total of such liability shall be limited in aggregate to one hundred Euros (€100).
11.3. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Mytracknet, its subsidiaries and affiliates, nor it and its directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal or equitable theory or otherwise (and whether or not Mytracknet, its directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, suppliers or content providers had prior knowledge of the circumstances giving rise to such loss or damage) with respect to Our Application, website, services, content or user submissions for:
11.3.1 Indirect or consequential losses or damages;
11.3.2 Loss of actual or anticipated profits;
11.3.3 Loss of revenue;
11.3.4 Loss of goodwill;
11.3.5 Loss of data;
11.3.6 Loss of anticipated savings;
11.3.7 Wasted expenditure; or
11.3.8 Cost of procurement of substitute goods or services.
11.5.1. Death or personal injury arising as a result of Our or your negligence (as applicable); or
11.5.2. Fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), theft or other criminal activity;
11.6. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company disclaims any and all liabilities in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinion and/or recommendation prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable or result in any investment or other losses since the user has agreed that he/she has facilitated proper review of such informative quote and has ordered the proceeding of such action at his/her own risk. In general, the User’s use of the information on the Website or Application or materials linked from the Website is at his/her own risk.
11.7. All agreements entered into separately between you and the Company are deemed supplementary terms that are an integral part of these terms and shall have the same legal effect. If you accept to use the website and the information therein, you accept these terms and conditions.
11.8. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Mytracknet disclaims all warranties for the Services and you agree that the Services are provided to the highest efficiency possible and “as is” or “as available” and the Company is not bind by any other oral or written statement or agreement or gesture or practice or standard “doing of business”, but only by the provisions described in the Terms & Conditions with which the User has agreed and undergone a contractual agreement. Thus, Mytracknet disclaims, any and all other warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement or warranties arising from course of performance, course of dealing or usage in trade and you waive any such claim against the Company.
11.9. You acknowledge that the website and the Services may be susceptible to errors, software malwares, 3rd party disfunctions and other inaccuracies concerning the information or statements provided by the Company. Thus, you are being advised to carefully facilitate your own research and reading, and acknowledge that every order to the Company and action in the website is done with your absolute discretion and at your own risk.
11.10. You hereby understand and agree that Greek Coin OÜ will not be liable for any damages or losses arising from or related to:
• Any error, delay, inaccuracy, defect omission, interruption, 3rd party service interruption in the transmission of price data;
• Any damages incurred by other users’ actions, omissions or violation of these terms, illegal actions of other third parties or any other harmful action or omission made without the prior authorization from Us.
11.11. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Mytracknet, its shareholders, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, representatives, suppliers, service providers or officers, will in no event be held liable for any indirect, special, consequential or other incidental damage or liabilities including, arising out of Our services, statements, actions, products, or other information or item related to Our Company, except to the extent of a final judicial determination that such damages were a result of the Company’s gross negligence, fraud, willful misconduct or intentional violation of law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages and thus users from such jurisdictions may be excluded from the above limitation.
11.12. In the event of a dispute between the User and another User, the User shall indemnify the Company against all claims and claims for damage (actual or lost benefits) of any kind resulting from or in any way related to such disputes.
11.13. The User undertakes to indemnify the Company from all claims and to repair any damage (including the costs of legal assistance, any fines, fees or penalties imposed by any state authorities) resulting from or related to the User’s violation of these Regulations or infringement of legal provisions or rights of third parties.
11.14. The Company shall not be liable for any actions or consequences of force majeure, i.e. for events beyond the Company’s reasonable control which occurred without fault of the Company, including, in particular: embargoes, governmental restrictions, riots, insurrection, wars or other acts of war, acts of terror, social unrest, rebellion, hacking attacks (including DDoS attacks, data theft or destruction), fires, floods, vandalism or sabotage, Pandemics, governmental restrictions or lock-downs.
11.16. You shall indemnify the Company from any action, omission or other direct or indirect act that may lead to your or other user’s damage, loss of property and/or funds and/or personal data, or delay in the execution of orders. The Company shall not be held liable for any such act that has not been authorized or was authorized based on tampered facts, forced documents or other incomplete information.
13. Resolving Disputes
13.1. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY, AS IT INVOLVES A WAIVER OF CERTAIN RIGHTS TO BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING AS A CLASS ACTION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE U.S.
13.2. Notification of Dispute. You shall address any of your concerns to the Company prior to resorting to formal proceedings. Before filing a claim, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally through Our contact details.
13.3. Agreement to Arbitrate. You and Mytracknet agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below. You agree to first give Us an opportunity to resolve any claims by contacting Us as set forth in paragraph 13.2 above. If We are not able to resolve your claims within 60 days of receiving the notice, you may seek relief through arbitration.
13.4. Arbitration Procedure. Either you or Mytracknet may submit a dispute (after having made good faith efforts to resolve such dispute in accordance with paragraphs 13.2 and 13.3 above) for final and binding resolution by arbitration. Judgment on any arbitral award may be given in any court having jurisdiction over the party (or over the assets of the party) against whom such an award is rendered.
13.5. Notice. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claims to Our contact e-mail or Our physical address.
14.1. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding use of Our Services and will supersede all prior written or oral statements or agreements between the parties.
14.2. Interpretation and Revision. We reserve the right to alter, revise, modify, and/or change these Terms at any time. All changes will take effect immediately upon being published on Our websites. It is your responsibility to regularly check relevant pages on Our websites/applications to confirm the latest version of these Terms. If you do not agree to any such modifications, your only remedy is to terminate your usage of Our Services and cancel your account. You agree that, unless otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, We will not be responsible for any modification or termination of Our Services by you or any third party, or suspension or termination of your access to Our Services.
14.3. Force Majeure. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform as required by these Terms because of any cause or condition beyond Our reasonable control as mentioned above on clause 11.14.
14.4. Severability. If any portion of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms, which will remain in full force and effect, and the invalid or unenforceable portion will be given effect to the greatest extent possible.
For more information on Mytracknet, you may refer to the Company and license information found on Our website https://Mytracknet.com/contact/.